Monday, April 04, 2011

BBC Radio 4 Desert Island Discs archive

This will keep me happy for HOURS! I've just found out that the BBC have launched an online archive for Desert Island Discs. Not all episodes are playable - don't know why - but the information is there for you to search. By castaway, by music, by luxury, by other guests who liked same/similar tracks. The BIG question is who to listen to first. I have 2 all time favourites Dr Gwen Adshead who was on last July - I listened to the Sunday programme on the way to Leeds - and Joan Armatrading who I was staggered to find was castaways in 1989! Her music choices are there but not the recording which is a shame as I just remember thinking it was an amazing choice of music, totally unexpected but one of the tracks I am sure she said she always played when she did the hoovering! Listening now to Martin Sheen as I arrived in Leeds yesterday before it was finsihed. Guess you'll have worked out when I usually listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment