Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I found a gem

Every now and then, I come across a venue that is perfect. From the moment I step on to the property, I just know it's one of those extra special places.

Early in December, I had an appointment to meet with an Innkeeper and look at her Inn. I was tired having had two full days of meetings in Toronto (starting an hour after I landed), it was raining, no, more heavy drizzle and grey. There was no sign of snow which brightens and lightens the landscape, it was just dreay, wet and grey. The journey was easily 3 hours in good weather and I knew I could add at least half an hour for the weather. So I was grumpy - very grumpy!! I think we'd taken a wrong turning at least 3 times and I was almost ready to phone my apology, turn round and go back to Collingwood. Suddenly the Inn sign was there and we turned into the estate ... and I knew, just knew that the journey had been worth it. My mood lifted and then as we turned a corner at the end of the Inn, I was met with the most amazing scenery - it really took my breath away. A lake, woodland, a beautiful old Canadian manor house and a mist across the water - the perfect setting for a wedding in any season. I'd choose sunset with snow but that's just me!

The Inn in Winter
The Manor House in snow
The Inn in Summer

The Manor House in Summer
One the estate's cabins

Sun loungers overlooking the lake - a possible ceremony location


A tranquil pond area could also serve as an outdoor ceremony location
An indoor reception area
Four poster bed suite in the House

A terrace bedroom in the Inn

A double room in the House
Winter sunset across the lake


No comments:

Post a Comment