Wednesday, January 09, 2013

We welcomed 2013 in Collingwood

I must say I'm looking forward to 2013 as last year was somewhat of a mixed year for us. We lost a parent but gained a fabulous little granddaughter, so now I have a pair of a pair! My son's 2 boys, Robert & Toby and my daughter's 2 girls, Ivy and Mia. We spent Christmas with my daughter and New Year with my son and his boys in Collingwood. The boys took to the slopes at Blue Mountain for the first time and yes, Gramma had tears in her eyes when she saw them suited and booted - with helmets - for their first ski lesson. They're doing well and really enjoyed it after a few misapprehensions. I think they thought it was as easy as it looks!

Ready for the off!
Collingwood Town Hall
Ice Sculptures for New Year in Collingwood's Hurontario Street 2012

Collingwood is our Canadian 'home' town and we love it there all year round. It's where the idea of Maple Leaf Weddings started so I give no apologies for going somewhat over the top in featuring a wedding that took place there. It shows how beautiful the location is in the summer. Mimosa Flower Studio's blog reported  "This weeding was chock full of pale pastels ... lavender, blush, butter, ivory, soft green ... and seasonal florals including peonies, garden roses, delphiniums, lavender, herb and fern plants, moss, lily of the valley, succulents, lisianthus, clematis vine and other tidbits of gardeny goodness!"





























Credits:
Floral Design: Mimosa Flower Studio / Wedding Planner: Distinct Occasions / Event Design: Design 2 Decor / Wedding Cake: The Caketress / Wedding Photography: A Brit and a Blonde / WedLuxe Winter Spring 2013 issue
Wedding Venue: Private Residence in Blue Moutain, Ontario


 So, there you have it. Collingwood in winter and in summer - the choice is yours. Even though the comparisons are no direct ones, let me know what you think. I'll perhaps to another blog featuring summer scenes and a winter wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment