Sunday, December 19, 2010

Stranded

Knowing how I go on about snow, you'd be forgiven for thinking I am in my element! NOT.


I have been in Funchal, Madeira this week to attend my eldest grandson's school christmas concert and my younger grandson's 4th birthday celebrations, complete with a Snake cake. Had great fun at both. BUT .... I needed to be back in the UK today for my baby grand-daughter's 1st birthday. The snow thought differently and right now I am in Porto! The flight took off last night for Gatwick but was turned back and we were brought back to Porto, mainland Portugal. Thanks to modern technology, I have had a skype conversation with my favourite 1-year old this morning which was fab! Thinking back to last year though, she was born during the heavy snowfalls: they started where we were on the Friday and she arrived very early on the Saturday morning. A snow baby and keeping to it this year!


Hoping to leave this evening but not TOO hopeful when I see BBC world news pictures of London airports. Next critical date is 23rd when due in Leeds for Christmas followed by 31st when due to depart for Canada!!! 


So shall we re-write a few words?


Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass – it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
Let's try
"Life is not about waiting for the snow to melt - it's about learning to ski/skate/board/snowshoe while you can!" 
or
"Life is not about waiting for a flight to be arranged - it's about finding new sights in unexplored places!" 
I really hope everyone who's at an airport now waiting to get somewhere for Christmas makes it - especially if they are going home. Good luck to you all!
Just had a photo through on my phone of grand-daughter being wished Happy Birthday on CBBeebies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment