Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spring garden

Was walking round the garden this morning and realised that Spring has been here for a while. There is one flower left on the magnolia, the lily-of-the-valley are all gone, the bluebells are well passed their best but the hellebores are hanging on. The upside ... the roses are smoothered in buds some bursting and other already out, the grapes are forming on the vine in profusion and it's barbecue season. MUST get the pond cleaned, the sheds & fences painted and some of the grass re-turfed. I have to say I am very lucky to have such a beautiful garden most of which was inherited when we bought the house; we also have a gardener who is a law unto himself and thinks the garden belongs to him not me! I suppose really it belongs to everyone who has worked in it.

I know of a lady in Toronto who runs a very special flower business called My Lucious Backyard. It sells flowers that are from local backgardens! How simple, green and great is that? I can't bear to cut my flowers or I think I maybe have enough varieities to start a similar business here. These are some images from my garden over the past 10 days.




And from My Lucious Backyard

and a couple of their bouquets. More beauties on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment