Thursday, April 24, 2014

Flowers and ribbons

I trust you all had a very Happy Easter. Did you hunt eggs, take a leisurely stroll, run a marathon or have an amazing family weekend which is what I did. It seems very quiet and VERY still here today which after 5 grandchildren is quite a change!

And now it's back to work  .....  Every now and then a new wedding trend appears and sometimes it provokes a "Hmmm and a squiggle of the nose" and sometimes it is just a complete hit and I instantly love it. I perhaps should say here, that if I didn't do what I do and was able to run a little shop, it would be a ribbon and button shop. I can loose myself in a haberdashery department for hours (especially if it is as beautiful as the one in Liberty's!)  So when I saw the ribbon trend, I was hooked from the start. What I really love about the way ribbons are appearing right now is that they are big, blowing, billowing and long. Almost a first thought rather than a last. Take a look at some of my favourites.




















There are some good lessons to learnt from these images (which are from Pinterest) - see how amazingly well the turquoise blue shows up against any background, that ribbons that are too close in colour to your dress and/or the flowers don't have the same impact and contrasting ribbon colours work really well too.


No comments:

Post a Comment