Thursday, September 02, 2010

Time, Flowers, Rob Ryan & Shopping

Gosh, I can't believe it's a week since I last put anything on here - how time flies. Mind you, there has been a bank holiday in between which always seems to throw the days off course,

Went up to Leeds yesterday. Had a lovely lunch in Napa. We ate inside because outside was almost full. Little wonder as it was a glorious lunchtime/afternoon.

From there went to Daisy Chain to get Hannah some flowers. They are such lovely people in there and we came away with a very interesting bunch of flowers - tried to keep away from berries and autumnal colours and made the most of what is left of summer! Pinks, purples, greens and cream


Look a bit weird here but in the vase, they look really good. Also I bought some cards .... a weakness because, except for one, I will NEVER send them to anyone. They are destined to be posted on here and then wait for the right frame to come along. Haven't posted the one I will send, I need it in about 2 weeks time. Once it's sent I will let you see it!







The cards are Rob Ryan by Roger la Borde - don't you just adore Rob Ryan? My daughter and her partner have a 'thing' about him which is how I got hooked. This one is my all time favourite




The words are


CAN


WE?

SHALL

WE?

ONE DAY

VERY

SOON. LET

US GO

AWAY

TOGETHER.

JUST

YOU AND

ME.

CAN WE?

SHALL

WE?

CALL IN

SICK ONE

DAY AND

TRAVEL TO

THE SEA

AND HOLD

HANDS ALL

DAY. CAN WE?

SHALL WE?

EAT OUR SAND-

WICHES ON THE

TRAIN. GET DRUNK

ON FRESH AIR AND

COME HOME TIRED AND NEVER TELL ANYONE …EVER

All I can say is .... yes please!

We went to the Daisy Chain Roundhay shop [in Street Lane] but they also have one in the Victoria Quarter which is where I finished off the afternoon! Harvey Nichols, Whistles, The White Company - just love it there!

No comments:

Post a Comment