Friday, July 15, 2011

BEWARE!

Don't like having to do things like this but ... I was almost pulled into a scam. Had a request to do a wedding 'in my area' with a budget of $40,000. Great news! Replied and said would love to help could I have more details. Got mail back with list of what the $40,000 was to cover. Still great news! Replied with my suggestions ... No reply. Mailed again - still no reply. Then suddenly after more than two weeks a reply. BAD NEWS! The budget had dropped to $15,000 BUT a logistics agent is dealing with all transportation. EVEN WORSE NEWS. The logistics agent's credit card facility is not working so will I take the $15,000 - keep $5,000 as my deposit and forward the $10,000 to the logistics agent. NO I WILL NOT!!!

I am now tasked with speaking to the venues mentioned just in case 'they' try to scam the venues I recommended.

If you get anything similar, I will give you the email address, names and other details that were initially given to me but don't want to put them out here for obvious reasons, just get in touch.

Please, Be careful out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment