Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just a perfect day ...

I'm still recovering this morning from the excitement and emotion of my first wedding at The Gazebo, Niagara-on-the-Lake. Why hasn't anyone chosen this location before? It is stunning. Yesterday was hot but with a gentle breeze coming from the Lake, it felt a little less than the actual temperature which was well over 30! The sky was blue, the lake was blue and the wedding "simple but beautiful".




These images were taken on my iPhone - but I will post some of the official photographs when they are available. Just looking at some of them on the cameras I could see that they captured so much of what the day was about for the sweetest couple and their two small children. Luckily for me - someone had to hold the baby for a while (yes, it was me!!) and also play with the little boy who was a star! He took his role very seriously [even though he found time to launch some pebbles into the lake] and did some very important jobs for me. I'd got him a disposable camera and he loved taking pictures, copying the professionals' movements and his other job was throwing the rose petals as the couple got into the London cab - their nod to home!

My thanks to all who helped make yesterday "just a perfect day".

Also a thank you to my wonderful Canadian family & friends without whom, I would never have come to this country in the first place let alone continued to visit, find a home here and be in the position of being able to share it with some many others. You'll never get rid of me now ... Canada worked it's magic on me, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment