Tuesday, May 07, 2013

The 'shoulder' season and a wedding show



I returned from Ontario last week having been there for 9 days. During this time, I had scraped snow from my car for 3 days, watched the raindrops chase down the windows for 2 and basked in glorious Spring sunshine for the remaining 4! The sequence was actually sun, rain, snow, then sun! I would have preferred to go without the rain. The snow didn't settle much and it was really neat to sit looking out of the window at what would be the last snow of the season. It was also really neat when the sun was shining to see skiers on the slopes and to know that at the base, the golfers were out for the start of their eagerly awaited season. It's a real novelty to be in Ontario as the season changes from Winter to Spring one of the 'shoulder' seasons - the other being between Fall and Winter before the snow arrives.

I was over there for The Wedding Co's Spring Show held at The Drake on Queen Street West - one of my favourite Toronto streets. The show itself was fab - they had gathered a cross section of great exhibitors. One slight(?) reservation I had was when I asked one owner if I could photograph her stand she was a little reticent and explained that she found that people took photos which they then showed to other suppliers and asked for the items to be copied. Then she told me all her items were on her website and I could use those images. THEN - she said that they were able to do anything that the customer wanted and had had several brides during the show ask if she could COPY items from another stand !!!!! Anyway, when I explained I was based in the UK and wrote my blog mainly for British brides, she gave me the ok to take my own photos. Thought her reasoning a little off and didn't really understand it but it takes all sorts .....

So here are the images from the show with links back to the organizers, venue and exhibitors :-



























I have to confess a soft spot for the two girls that own this company as they went to school in Leeds, UK (where my daughter lives!) AND they had masses of lily-of-the-valley which I just adore (and it was my Mum's favourite flower!)



and finally 


I only tasted the mini Greek Salad (top picture) but I could have eaten them all day! Usually I'm a sweet person and it's really unusual for me to rave over savoury but these were divine and also garlic free! Can't wait to taste more!




Coming soon: 
A complete blog post on weddings at The Drake - divine food, fabby decor & atmosphere, lovely people to work with.  Just awaiting images. Watch this space .....

No comments:

Post a Comment