Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall is just around the corner

After a somewhat traumatic summer, we're back to normal. I have been here, there and everywhere, rushed off my feet, bored silly with nothing to do and getting too tired for words - chronic fatigue "they" call it, my Mum would have had another name but don't let's go there, please. Talking of mothers, I saw this on Facebook yesterday - reposted it to my daughter's wall but have had no response as yet!



Mind you that's probably because she is too busy with her newest addition to her family. A little girl, Mia who was born yesterday. I think that's why today feels like back to normal - I'm no longer worrying about her. Job done, baby delivered! She is a little poppet already adored by so many of our good friends and wished well by acquaintances, and strangers come to that, who wonder why I'm either grinning like the Cheshire Cat or crying. I now have a pair of a pair - two grandsons and two granddaughters!






If you were following last October, you may remember a couple of posts I did about my daughter's friend Helen who was getting married. Hannah was to be a bridesmaid and Ivy a flower girl. As it turned out, Hannah was kept in hospital for monitoring so Ivy went along with Daddy to be a flower girl. I did my best to get her ready and I'm happy to report she shone! (well, I would say that, wouldn't I? But she did!) She's not 3 until December and with all that was going on ... Helen also shone in a dress that was perfect for her. These photos were taken by guests.




and these by her official photographer Maryanne Scott Photography



and finally her flowers which were really English countryside AND Helen did them all herself


It was a fab day. Helen & Stuart are now on honeymoon in Mexico and I can't wait for them to get back and see all the other images.



No comments:

Post a Comment