Thursday, July 01, 2010

Happy Birthday, eh!

Today's the day when Canada is officially 143 years old. Everything is closed while people party in celebration - and Canadians sure know how to party! In the UK they have taken over Trafalgar Square and it looks like being a great day there - so wish I could make it. Take a look here http://www.canadadaylondon.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

When I'm in Ontario I love seeing the Maple Leaf flying sometimes along with the Ontario flag and that's in people's own garden! Some even go a step further and fly the flag of the country their ancestors came from! There  is a tremendous national pride that makes me all warm and fuzzy, even to the point of thinking about a flagpole in my garden here. Then I get back into the UK and think right, we won't be having a flag in the garden. Just doesn't work. I'm fairly sure it was Miss Pickering who was saying early in June that flags elsewhere seem fine but here they're not quite right [or words to that effect].

Anyway Canada Day works in Canada and in Trafalgar Square! Have a good one wherever you are.


My granddaughter's Canada Day attire!

No comments:

Post a Comment