Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Some comings and goings of the people who make up Maple Leaf Weddings

I've been away for a few days in Leeds - a fab city and also visited Harrogate which is quite nice [use Mary Poppins accent for the last two words]. I visited my 'baby' and her baby, also her partner. The time just flew by so fast and now I am back at my desk trying to get into work mode.

I saw quite a few pretty things but was really in Gramma mode so they were mainly in the Little White Company and Baby Gap. I did however buy a sign to hang up when I don't want to be disturbed.

Will let you know if it's effective when I have tested it!

I then bought a 'Pretend Mousehole'. Yup that's right, in fact I bought one and then went back and got three more! They are so ...... One was for Ivy [my granddaughter], one for a friend in Canada who may give it to her granddaughter or may keep it in her house, one is for my grandsons who are moving to Madeira shortly so it's something to take from Gramma to their new house and the last one is for me.  The two girls [cos I just know Chris will give hers to Sophie] have got pretty mice, the boys have the one of the Rest Room  and I have the one in the Study. Can only show you 3 cos Ivy kept hers.



If you like the look of them Parma Violet in Kirkby Lonsdale stocks them and does mail order. There are  other cool bits on there as well.

However, all this aside,  the most important thing about this weekend  is that I have found out that my 'baby' really is mine! Sounds strange I know but staying in her home, her own environment, has highlighted some likenesses that I hadn't realised were there. We both like buttons and ribbon, we both have a thing about ANYONE reading, flicking through or even handling our magazines before we have read them, we love to shop and don't care if we don't buy anything, we both decided we needed a proper camera (not just a phone one) and to learn how to use it within days of each other! In fact we seemed to spend a lot of time saying "Me, too".

Some of Hannah's buttons




I make no apology for the lack of wedding talk on here today. Except, look at the colours of the buttons on the red card - they'd make a lovely Autumnal colour scheme and I think the shades of teal would go well with a dark orange shade. Maybe Hannah will make me a couple of mood boards or colour palettes. Don't think she has a lot to do at the moment and she's not due back to work for months. It was a lovely weekend and after saying that I hope I'm allowed to go again. Good job she has my sense of humour!

No comments:

Post a Comment