Friday, July 30, 2010

Here, there and everywhere

Isn't that a song lyric? Beatles maybe?
Anyway that's where I seem to have been since the last post. Toronto, Niagara on the Lake, Collingwood, Creemore, Spalding and as it is August 1st on Sunday, I now find myself in Edinburgh. For the last 20 something years, we are always in Edinburgh for the first weekend of August - it's to do with my husband's business and there are some traditions that you just cannot fight against. And with the shopping in Edinburgh, who would want to? In the morning it will be breakfast, a taxi into town, Cath Kidston, Jigsaw, The White Company followed by lunch in Harvey Nichols then down to their Nails Inc Champagne bar for a 3-week manicure! ...... So fairly predictable just need to decide on a nail colour.

I only arrived back in the UK on Wednesday morning but it seems like months since I was in Canada. Whilst I was there a did promise the possibilty of a new location. Here it is.


And here is the exterior ...........


To you and I - it's a guard's van but in Canada, it's a Caboose!  Very snug and romantic with room enough for two - details on the website shortly.

The other place we found was a winery - Coffin Ridge. I know it doesn't sound romantic but it was just SO beautiful, fun and well thought out. I'm not certain where the name came from so I am doing some research on the area. In the meantime here are some pictures



Oh, the other thing I forgot to mention, is their fab wine! Back from the Dead Red, Into the Light White and Resurrection Rose to name three! There wasn't one that we tasted that we didn't like and since I don't usually drink red wine and Rob doesn't usually like rose, that is really saying something! [Another song lyric there, must be my mood.] 

Defo more to come on Coffin Ridge Winery.

No comments:

Post a Comment