Sunday, August 01, 2010

Chelsea Clinton's wedding

I was just looking through some of the photos in the papers of Chelsea Clinton's wedding. It is reported [up to you if you believe it or not] that during the ceremony the following words were read out. I think they are beautiful. A copy of them was once left on my desk - I forgave him a lot and he's long gone! Glad I can now read them for their own value.




The poem was written about his girlfriend who was killed in an aircrash in Canada. He also used it as a code for a British SOE agent Violette Szabot.

I hadn't realised any of this and I so am now off to find out more about Leo Marks, [his father co-owned the bookshop at 84 Charing Cross Road - there's a book of the same name] and Ruth Hambro, his girlfriend as well as Violette.

No pictures for these words, either.

1 comment:

  1. It was my grandads favourite poem, and left to me my mother..so lovely

    ReplyDelete