Monday, October 10, 2011

How excited am I?

Last weekend at the Wedding Show, I saw one of my daughter's friends. We did a bit of sqealing and hugging and chatting. I hadn't seen her for some time although when they were still at school, I saw her a lot. There was this tight group of friends, most of whom went to Leeds to university when they left school and they are still regularly in touch. In fact, this coming weekend they are all off to Centre Parks with their respoective partners and 2 'babies' Think Nars is almost 1 and of course, Ivy is almost 2. Tt was so lovely to see Helen after such a long time and she got the usual - "Have you seen Ivy lately? I have some photos on my phone". Then we chatted weddings for a little while and off she went, having told me that she was going to call and see Hannah, Alex & Ivy on the Sunday.

Why is all this exciting? Helen had a secret! She was going to see Hannah for a reason. To ask if  IVY could be a flower girl ! AND, as if that wasn't enough, would Hannah be a bridesmaid along with two others from the school posse !!! There will be two other little bridesmaids/flower girls as well. She knew all along what a poppet Ivy is!! She has subsequently told me that it was very hard not to say anything. But good on her - it will be her day and why should a chance meeting with me change her planning timetbale.

There is actually a moral to this story, as well as my excitement ...

it's your day, so do it your way!

and keep your secrets, secret.


No comments:

Post a Comment