Wednesday, October 12, 2011

North American Wedding Magazines and Helen

As you may have realised, I am very lucky. I love this job and because of it, I get to spend a lot of time in Canada. This is good because if I make enough trips with Air Canada in a year I acquire a status - this gets me into their airport lounges, to the front of the queue when boarding, sometimes eligible for an upgrade to business class if economy is full. But the BIG plus is ...

it comes with an extra bagagge allowance!

Yup - that simple, 3 cases each allowed to weigh a max of 32kg. So what do I use this 'extra' allowance for? Magazines, wedding magazines to be precise [and stuff for the babies as well, I admit] but it's the magazines that I really need the weight for. They are glossy, thick and heavy and I can't get enough of them!!!

I LOVE Wedluxe which is Canadian and Real Simple Weddings and Martha Stewart Weddings. The real weddings are so amazing.

Some time ago now, Martha [bless her] featured the wedding of Laura and Ben in Brooklyn. Now despite this wedding being a little orange [which you'll rememeber from earlier in the month, I didn't really like at that time!], it took my eye. It was quirky, cute and individual. But it went further, the bride reminded me of Hannah's friend Helen. She doesn't look like her and I can never remember Helen having her hair as short but there's something... Maybe the way she holds her head, maybe the way she smiles, maybe the way she looks as if she would have fitted into the 50's/60's ... really couldn't and still can't tell you what it is. Told Hannah and she did the Hmmmm, maaaaybe bit. Obviously with all the excitement of Helen's upcoming wedding, it came back to me. Does anyone else who knows Helen see it? I don't know what it is but here are the images.




Style note:  Love the fabric covered cufflinks matching to the tie
and pocket handkerchief.


Wonder what she's thinking?
Know a place in Toronto where they make fab paper cranes, butterflies,
flowers etc. Note to me: Do a post



Can you write beautifully? Wish I could

Nice to have a favour that will grow




So there you have it - quirky, cute and individual. And Helen? D'you know, it could be the shoes or the bicycle! There's just something that shouts Helen. I do hope she doesn't mind or I could be in trouble!

1 comment:

  1. Or maybe even the dress, the dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete