Tuesday, October 04, 2011

I've been absent ... AGAIN!

Not sure quite how I managed the past 5 weeks - but I DID! Now I have so much new and exciting, it's difficult to know where to start.

So ... I think we will take it slowly.
S-L-O-W-L-Y, Pennie, S-L-O-W-L-Y.

I have found new venues, watched a wedding take place in Niagara-on-the-Lake [the bride & groom will be back home tomorrow- beat them by 6 days - but I CANNOT believe that right now, they haven't even been married a week!] and exhibited for 3 days at the National Wedding Show in London, UK.

It has all been SO exciting. I just kept going until yesterday when, back in the office, I found myself falling asleep at my desk! Today has been better and I'm sure I will be back to normal [whatever that may be] very soon. SO ... the blog. What do I start with?

Nothing to do with any of the above. But a nudge that Christmas is on the way. I had a reminder email earlier this evening from The One of a Kind Show. I try to time a trip to Toronto at the end of November / beginning of December so I can go.  It's a really great show for buying unusual christmas presents. Last year I fell in love with "The Family of Misfits". This is them.


 and they are explained by their creators as

"representing a specific characteristic or trait of an undesirable nature. But with the attached storybook each doll explains why their trait is actually great and how you too can grow to love it. They are on a mission to solve a world of insecurities, one felt doll at a time."

They are used a lot in schools to explain to children how it's ok not to be the same as everyone else. Could be a good idea to introduce them into our primary schools. Psychology aside, I just fell in love with them last year. I have fat friends, thin friends, dotty friends, friends with no boobs, friends with big boobs ... watch out - you could all be getting one for Christmas this year! I did bring just one home last year for a special friend. I'm not saying which doll it was or who I bought it for - but I know she loves it !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment